In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers are built at Banner Health. There's more to health care than doctors and nurses. We support all staff members as they find the path that's right for them. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Sleep Tech to join our team at Sterling Regional Medical Center. This is a part-time night position working two days a week. Candidates need to have at least 3 years of sleep experience. Starting pay rate for this position is $22.26 up to $33.39/hour based on experience and education. If you are interested, we would love to talk with you!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Sterling Regional Medical Center is a 25-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County's largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently performs prescribed diagnostic sleep monitoring studies, which may include home sleep tests, to patients. This position analyzes the results to aide clinicians with diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and care of patients. This position acts as a resource to the department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Obtains artifact free sleep tracings that accurately reflect physiologic processes occurring during sleep of patients utilizing the latest technology.
2. Analyzes all types of sleep records of patients. Identifies and documents sleep stages and quantify physiologic processes during the data acquisition and summarizes this information as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
3. Ensures an accurate and readable recording using deductive reasoning to trouble shoot minor problems and make adjustments as needed during the testing process.
4. Collects and/or reviews pertinent medical, historical, and medication information in order to perform the appropriate study prescribed by the physician as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
5. Assists with the development of department policies, procedures and processes, facilitate testing and maintain quality to achieve optimal patient results.
6. Assists leadership with operations, scheduling, orientation and/or training of new technical staff. May conduct or lead educational in-services and case study presentations.
7. Ensures quality assurance standards as outlined by departmental policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory agencies.
8. Independently performs prescribed diagnostic sleep monitoring, which may include home sleep test, to patients and acts as a resource to the department. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires Registry by the Board of Polysomnographic Technologists or proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
The position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 3 years of experience in all aspects of sleep disorders testing. Must be proficient in the use and theory of all equipment related to sleep testing and a thorough knowledge of the sleep/wake cycle and its pathologies, as well as, EEG theory appropriate to sleep monitoring and cardiopulmonary physiology during sleep. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities and effective communication skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.