At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
Banner Del Webb is looking for a full time, Manager in Cardiac Services, to lead a team of 4 direct reports in Sun City West, AZ. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with the goal of making an impact on our patients at such an important time in their lives while also being apart of piloting a new program for the department. You will be an active and engaged change agent; dedicated to the needs of our patients and families. Steadfast to safe, kind, effective, efficient, evidenced-based and high quality clinical care, outcome focused and solution oriented.
Shift - Monday through Friday, 7am-3:30pm
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides clinical leadership, and financial and personnel management within the department. Supervises employees, and participates in selection, orientation, counseling and evaluation of staff. Additionally, participates in quality improvement processes and monitors patient outcomes in the department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides and/or facilitates patient flow for department and serves as a resource to employees for clinical and managerial support; assumes responsibility for direct patient care as necessary.
2. Demonstrates effective problem solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, and communication skills in the management of the assigned department. Works collaboratively as a supportive team member with staff and those outside the patient care area. Collaborates with physicians to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management as necessary.
3. Serves as a resource to patients, families, physicians and staff in facilitating medical and nursing care through the utilization of appropriate resources. Assists in interpreting applicable policies and regulatory guidelines in the clinical cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation setting. Mentors staff to increase clinical and critical thinking and problem solving skills. Includes responsibility for providing safe and cost effective care and attention to patient satisfaction and customer service.
4. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the process improvement and quality management activities of the department. Works with staff to make necessary changes within the environment.
5. Manages patient care activities within the budgetary and productivity guidelines of the department. Monitors staff usage and ensures staffing meets patient needs in a fiscally responsible manner.
6. This position functions as a leader, resource and mentor, ensuring patient care and department operations are efficient, accurate and uninterrupted. This position has freedom to determine how best to accomplish functions within established procedures. Contacts include facility staff, patients and their families, physicians and their office staff, regulatory agencies and various community personnel.
Bachelor's degree in exercise science/kinesiology or related science.
Five years recent cardiac/pulmonary rehab experience in a hospital setting or experience relevant to patient population required or a reasonable combination of education and experience. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective communication and working relationships with staff, physician, patients and their families.
Master's or RN with Bachelor's degree. Previous experience working in a hospital setting where diagnosis and interventional procedures. Previous supervisory experience. ACLS certification.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.