Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Riley Maternity and Newborn Health is looking for an experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS).
If you have great Perinatal/Maternal Health and Quality Improvement experience-this may be the job for you.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist in this role would focus on perinatal quality and safety initiatives. The CNS provides clinical leadership and direction to the multidisciplinary care center with an emphasis on enhanced clinical excellence and optimal patient outcomes. The CNS is an expert clinical practitioner whose specialized skill set is used to impact outcomes in three major areas: patients and families, nursing practice and the organization/system. This high-level role is accountable for collaborating with all members of the healthcare team to design, implement and measure and provide safe, cost-effective, evidence-based care strategies.
We would consider an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) with quality improvement as well as perinatal experience.
Requires current state of Indiana licensure as a Registered Nurse and meets regulatory requirements to practice as a CNS.
When available, certification at the advance level in the area of clinical specialty is required within two years of data of hire.Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
Requires a Master of Nursing (MSN) as a CNS from an accredited graduate program that prepares the CNS to practice in accordance with the recommendations in ANA, AACN, and NACNS.Requires ability to conceptualize and synthesize multiple perspectives, to be aware of personal thinking patterns and to make effective decisions that enhance nursing practice and improve quality and resource utilization.
Requires the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all members of the multidisciplinary team, promote teamwork, facilitate and lead work groups.
Requires the ability to build effective working relationships with physicians, nursing leadership and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
Responsible for maintaining current professional knowledge and competencies and contribute to the advancement of nursing practice at the facility, local, state, national and/or international level.
Requires knowledge of nurse sensitive outcomes and demonstrates ability practicing outcomes management with a complex patient population.
Requires demonstrated advanced knowledge and skills required for this role including: clinical expertise, evidence-based practice, collaboration, consultation, education, mentoring, ethics and leadership.
Requires ability to model excellence in advanced clinical practice within a specialty population.
Requires demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff nurses and facilitate professional development.
Requires ability to influence and facilitate change by serving as a change agent.
Internal Number: 251009
About Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health
• Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we’re home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
• Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report.
• A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation’s largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
• At IU Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
• With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way ...through excellence.
• IU Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states.