As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
This position is responsible for: The registered nurse provides nursing care to patients in the primary care pediatrics practices as directed by providers.
The position is responsible for triaging phone calls, patient flow, and assisting providers as necessary with examination, procedures and administration of immunizations which are adapted to the patient’s developmental stage
The Telephone Triage role serves as the point of contact for incoming calls which includes screening, documenting, and prioritizing calls , transferring messages appropriately to and from patients/providers, and providing pertinent information to patients. These duties include but are not limited to:
1. Answers calls “live” coming into the telephone triage nurse unit from Nemours patients and families.
2. Ascertains reason for call and quickly escalates to the physician when appropriate.
3. Schedules appointments according to the patient’s needs.
4. Monitors Audix voice mailbox, retrieves information, and enters data into electronic medical record.
5. Ensures documentation of incoming calls is complete and accurate to ensure timely call back by nurses.
6. Performs routine filing and faxing of documents; updates and distributes information on physician on-call schedules.
Direct Patient Care Duties:
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to patients in the primary care pediatrics practices as directed by providers. The position is responsible for patient flow and assisting providers as necessary with examination, procedures, and administration of immunizations which are adapted to the patient's development stage. These duties include but are not limited to:
1. Performs patient assessments.
2. Performs and documents patient intake (height, weight, head circumference, blood pressure, vision and hearing screening, reason for visit, chief complaint).
3. Assists providers with procedures, including but not limited to, suturing, suture removal, sterile procedures, minor surgical procedures, gynecological exams, and catheterizations.
4. Performs phlebotomy, via venipuncture or capillary techniques, to obtain blood specimens. Transcribe, collect, label and arrange transport for lab specimens. Performs back office laboratory tests.
6. Orders and stocks appropriate inventory of medical-surgical supplies for lab and exam rooms.
7. Provides age and developmental appropriate care to infants, children, adolescents and adults.
8. Monitors patient flow including preparing patients and rooms for physicals and sick visits.
Must have or be eligible for DE nursing license
Pediatric Office Nurse experience required
Phone Triage experience preferred
CPR Certification with the American Heart Association
Schedule: This will be 5 days during the two week pay period. The hours will be 9 to 5:30. The days might not be evenly split during the pay period. It might be 4 or 5 days in one week, whatever the need is for that pay period. It currently is Monday thru Friday
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is a pediatric health system of hospitals and specialty clinics serving children and families throughout the Delaware Valley and Florida. Our dedicated professionals integrate medical care, research, health education, and prevention to help improve the lives of children every day.