REGISTERED NURSE - NICU SIGN ON BONUS
SITE OF SERVICE:
- Naval Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD)
- Full time position.
- Degree/Education : Associates Degree of Nursing. Graduate from a college or university accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or as otherwise outlined.
- Experience: Two years of experience within the last five years in a NICU setting.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse as required.
- Certification : Possess and maintain the following certifications through either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- U.S. Citizenship: Shall be a U.S. citizen.
- English Language Requirement: Able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate.
- Physical Capability: Shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required under the contract.
- Prior to commencing service, at Naval Medical Center San Diego , under this contract, Registered Nurses excluding those assigned to DCSS, Physical Medicine, shall attend a 2-hour lecture on IV certification. Registered nurses shall then obtain certifications (e.g., IV, medications and blood administration) in accordance with clinic nursing service and command policy not later than 60 days after commencement of services, including MTF observation of three completed IV sticks during this time.
- Work Schedule: Services shall be provided Sunday through Saturday, including federal holidays, between the hours of 0000 to 2359 hours. Shifts will normally be scheduled for a 13-hour period, to include an uncompensated 60-minute lunch break.
- Shifts will coincide with the current unit schedules to allow for safety huddle/turnover of patient care. Day Shift begins at 0645 and ends at 1915; Night Shift begins at 1845 and ends at 0715. The HCWs may rotate between day shift and night shift with staff nurses in the department. HCW may be required to provide services more than 72 hours per pay period, but no more than 80 hours in a pay period. The department will determine the actual working hours and shift.
- Each HCW will be scheduled six 13-hour shifts per pay period. (12 hrs. shifts x 6 shifts = 72 hours w/60-minute lunch uncompensated). The HCW can be scheduled for 80 hours every two weeks
- Sign on bonus and annual retention bonus
- Life Insurance/Disability Insurance
- Continuing Medical Education Reimbursement
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be able and willing to reprioritize on short notice and work on multiple simultaneous projects. Flexible and able to work with various personalities. Team-work skills required. Time management skills required. The ability to meet deadlines in a deadline intensive environment is essential. High level of adaptability and willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Luke & Associates does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
To learn more about Luke & Associates, please visit our website at:
Powered by JazzHR