Up to $25,000 Sign On Bonus available based on experience
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385-bed acute-care hospital classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an innovative, patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation Services Department. ?Our compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Clinical Nurse assumes principal responsibility for the total nursing care, assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation of each assigned patient. The staff nurse initiates teaching and educates the patient and family/or significant other to attain optimal health. Access to all Patient Health Information for treatment purposes only.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Perform according to policy patient assessments, vital signs, obtain laboratory specimens, administer medications, feed infants orally or via gavage tubes the ordered formula or breast milk.
- Insert and manage peripheral IV catheters and the ordered fluid infusions, manage arterial and central lines and the ordered fluids.
- Enter classifications and assign patients in Optilink
- Perform point of care testing as ordered or per protocol.
- Attend deliveries and C/S as requested. Assume resource responsibility as assigned; participate in transport team as assigned.
- Teach parents newborn care and how to administer medications.
- Develop and implement and document to the plan of care.
- Assist mothers with breastfeeding and maintain according to policy the storage of breast milk.
- Manage patient on various ventilatory modes to include nasal cannulas, nasal CPAP, ventilators, high frequency ventilators
Document patient interventions and results.Qualifications
**1 year recent level 3 NICU experience required**
- Current CA Registered Nurse License
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certification within 90 days of hire
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification (maintain current at all times)
- Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing (G70AD)
- Associates degree in Nursing (G70AK)
- Minimum one year prior NICU experience
- Effective verbal and written skills to communicate with people on all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships with parents, families, and co-workers
- Possess active listening skills
- Compassionate and non judgmental care giver and advocate
- Able to independently manage multiple priorities
Pay Range: $51.66 - $79.40
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an individual's qualifications and experience
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.