NICU RN's are responsible for total care of infants who may be diagnosed with congenital defects, delivery complications, or most often, prematurity. They formulate nursing care plans and assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of treatments in these plans. NICU RN's administer medications and perform complex procedures to coordinate all aspects of a patient's care. NICU RN's work in the NICU unit of a hospital. Hospitals are given a NICU Level I-IV based upon the type of care provided and the extent of technology available. Level I (lowest) is designed for less critically ill infants, while Level IV (highest) provides the most sophisticated care for ill, or premature infants. Education/Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN): 4-Year Education
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN): 2-Year Education
- You must earn an ADN or BSN degree and pass the NCLEX to apply for a license as a RN.
- RN's can only work with an active state license.
- ACLS, CCRN and STABLE are often required
In addition to per diem assignments that let you choose your location and schedule, AMN Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Excellent Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits (for those determined to have worked full-time after a 12 month ACA eligibility period)
- Supplemental Benefits: Dental, Vision, Medical Indemnity, Life Insurance with optional Critical Illness and Short Term Disability.
- FREE Online CEU's to all Active Staff'
Nursefinders, an AMN healthcare company, is your trusted local and per-diem nursing staffing agency, offering thousands of top-quality nursing (RN) career opportunities in the locations and times that best suit your lifestyle. With a nationwide network of offices to serve you, Nursefinders has the most exclusive contracts with top-ranked hospitals and facilities across the nation. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.