Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Human Resources Important Applications Instructions: Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/ license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted. Job Requisition ID:
R00024858 Job Category:
Health System Organization:
Women's Urgent Care Location/s:
Main Campus Jackson Job Title:
RN Relief Med Surg - Labor & Delivery Obstetric Receiving Job Summary:
To assess, develop, implement and evaluate the nursing care and treatment for patients in an assigned clinical area. To coordinate the operations of a clinical area including patient scheduling, maintaining patient records and managing the patient admissions process. To counsel with patients and family members on treatment and conditions of patients. To act as liaison between Case Managers, home Health nurses, Utilization Review, etc. To coordinate patient services and care. To perform job duties in accordance with the medical center's purpose. Education & Experience
Must be licensed as RN for one (1) year . Two (2) years of RNexperience in a med/surg or critical care area is preferred. BSN preferred. Certifications, Licenses or Registration required:
Valid RN license. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of clinical nursing care procedures and protocols. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills. Knowledge and understanding of computer systems, tools and programs. Ability to work in a team environment. Responsibilities
Physical and Environmental Demands
- Provides patient care by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating treatments and interventions for patients.
- Educates patients (and possibly family members) on topics such as the nature and status of patient's condition, diet and associated side effects of medication/treatments and the importance of complying with medication schedules.
- Ensures the safety of patients.
- Coordinates referrals to other services within and outside of immediate area or unit.
- Maintains accurate patient records.
- Reports patient issues or concerns to supervisor as appropriate.
- Demonstrates core standards of exceptional customer service.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, constant bending, frequent lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, frequent climbing, frequent crawling, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, constant pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, occasional sitting, constant standing, constant twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more) Time Type:
Full time FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
No Pay Class:
Hourly FTE %:
100 Work Shift:Benefits Eligibility:Job Posting Date:
10/14/2022 Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):