Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) NICU Registered Nurse PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) NICU Registered Nurse PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care on infants. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will attend deliveries and performs neonatal stabilization and admission assessments of newborns
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients' response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will conduct on-going assessments of infants and communicate any changes to Nurse Practitioner or Neonatologist
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will assist transport teams in stabilization of infants and provide necessary support and documentation to facilitate the transfer
* You will provide support and education materials to families on homecare, treatments, adoption and support groups
* You will assist in high-risk deliveries and assist Nurse Practitioner with resuscitation
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience in an acute care setting - preferred
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Registered Nurse, Certified in Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing (RNC-NIC) - preferred
* S.T.A.B.L.E. Neonatal Education Program Certification - preferredSt. David's North Austin Medical Center
is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than 360 beds
. The facility is home to St. David's Children's Hospital, St. David's Women's Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery
. Additional services offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our NICU Registered Nurse PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status