Do you have the career opportunities as a NICU Registered Nurse (nights)
you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Research Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Registered Nurse where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. Neonatal NICU RNs
care for premature babies or babies who develop medical complications during or after delivery and require a higher level of specialized care than a typical hospital nursery. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. What you will do in this role:
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient, following standards of care and disease specific protocols.
- You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
- You will provide education and emotional support to premature infants through 2 years of age, culture, condition, and circumstance and incorporate patient/family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- Graduate of school of nursing required.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation
- Ability to achieve and maintain BCLS upon hire
- NRP certification required with exception of new graduate nurses or no prior NICU experience.
- New graduates and individuals with no prior NICU experience are required to obtain NRP by 6 months of employment.
- No prior experience required. Previous clinical experience in area of specialty preferred.
Research Medical Center is a 585+ bed hospital. Our hospital offers an array of medical and health clinic services. This includes women's services offering obstetrics and fertility, an emergency room, and a trauma center. We offer a Stroke Center, a walk-in clinic, and orthopedics across three Kansas City locations. Our specialty care areas include a Chest Pain Center, Level I Trauma Center, Breast Care Center, Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Programs, and Primary Stroke Center. We are one of 10 HCA Midwest Health hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas
Research Psychiatric Center is a 95+ bed facility. We offer acute inpatient, day treatment, and community-based outpatient behavioral healthcare. We treat adolescents, adults, and senior adults for emotional disorders, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and licensed professional counselors. We are committed to delivering our patients skilled compassionate care regardless of age or circumstance.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.