Midwifery Care Associates (MCA) is an established full-scope midwifery service under Simmonds, Martin, & Helmbrecht, LLC. We are a collaborative practice serving Montgomery County, Frederick County and nearby areas. Midwifery Care Associates provides full scope midwifery services including prenatal care, labor support and delivery, postpartum care, annual well-woman exams and Pap smears, birth control options and consultations, and uncomplicated gynecological care. The midwives attend births at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital in Rockville, Maryland and Frederick Health Hospital in Frederick, Maryland. Our offices are located in Rockville, Gaithersburg, Frederick, and Damascus.
We are looking for a Certified Nurse Midwife with solid gyn experience and antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum experience that includes patients with varying medical conditions (diabetes, hypertension, etc.) We are also looking for someone that possesses a strong team spirit and a passion for birth and caring for women throughout their lifetime. Job Responsibilities:
- Examining and monitoring pregnant women
- Assessing care requirements and writing care plans for patients.
- Carrying out screening tests
- Providing information, emotional support, and reassurance to patients as needed.
- Monitoring and recording patient vital signs.
- Caring for and assisting women during labor.
- Monitoring and administering medication, injections, and intravenous infusions during labor
- Monitoring the fetus during labor.
- Advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their newborn babies.
- Helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death
- Ensure all patient records are up to date.
- Identifying high-risk pregnancies.
About Advantia Health:
- Active license as a Registered Nurse and Certified Nurse Midwife
- Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board
- Active DEA Number
To provide the highest quality patient care available, Simmonds, Martin & Helmbrecht is partnered with Advantia Health. Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women - setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.
Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across 60 locations, serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers to deliver high-value care through technology products.
Learn more at: www.AdvantiaHealth.com Please note:
Advantia Health is dedicated to providing unparalleled healthcare to our customers by employing the most highly-qualified individuals. If you are selected for further consideration, you will be subject to a background investigation. COVID-19 vaccination is a required condition of employment.
Advantia Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to global diversity: It is a place where good people want to work, and customers want to continue to engage in EOE M/F/D/V.