Registered Nurse (RN) -New to Specialty Location:
Miller's Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach Department:
Full Time Shift:
Night Shift (12 hours) Pay Range*: $53.18 - $73.57
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare.Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability.Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork. Position Summary
To provide safe, cost-effective patient care through the health experience, according to established standards utilizing the nursing process, within the scope of practice of Registered Nursing. Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Safety and risk management
- Assess patients
- Develops a written plan of care using assessment database
- Implements patient care
- Evaluates and revises patient care
- Staff development
- Collaboration and working with others
- Interpersonal relationships and communication
- Unit, department, and hospital contributions
- Performance appraisal
- Working responsibilities
- Customer services
- Skills Roster
*Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there's more... Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards. Qualifications Minimum Requirements Qualifications/Work Experience:
- Completion of pre-employment drug screening.
- Completion of pre-employment criminal background reference check.
- Completion of pre-employment health evaluation including TB screening and annual or bi-annual reevaluation as indicated by Employee Health.
- One-year minimum experience in pediatric and/or women's hospital preferred.
- The RN must be able to comply with the every other weekend work commitment as well as be available to work and be scheduled any day of the week.
- Computer, internet, order entry and word processing experience preferred.
- BSN required or experienced RN in an accredited BSN program.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required for all areas.
- Completion of unit orientation and clinical competency validation