Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of diverse individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning, and leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research. Organization:
Neonatal/ Pediatric Transport Job Summary:
Provides appropriate, efficient and timely intra facility transport and providing the necessary basic life support care of the sick and injured neonatal, pediatric, and adult patients in accordance with hospital policies, local, state, and national standards of practice.
• Operates Vanderbilt Licensed ambulances while responding to emergent and non-emergent transports.
• Administers prompt and efficient basic life support care within the limits of licensure or certification.
• Conducts regular unit inventory and equipment testing to ensure all equipment is present, clean, and in proper working order.
• Performs and documents safe, efficient and accurate transport dispatch information.
• Assists with patient care and transfers to VCH in designated patient care areas within scope of practice.
• The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
• Neonatal Problems (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency of neonatal problems in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
• Critical Thinking (Novice): Displays clarity, accuracy, precision, consistency, relevance, and sound evidence in the successful completion of tasks and projects. Demonstrates rational and disciplined thought as manifested in results.
• Emergency Management (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate emergency management in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
• Drug Interactions (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of Drug Interactions in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
• Assessing, Intervening & Stabilizing Patients (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate assessing, intervening and stabilizing patients in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
Core Capabilities :
- Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.* Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.* Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas. - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service. - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work. Position Qualifications: Responsibilities: Certifications:
LIC-National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians-Basic (Med Tech) (EMT) - National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, LIC-TN Driver's License - Tennessee Work Experience:
Relevant Work Experience Experience Level :
1 year Education:
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled