Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Market Float Pool NICU Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Del Sol Medical Center which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Del Sol Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Del Sol Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Registered Nurse (RN) will utilize the nursing process to independently deliver nursing care to patients in order to achieve quality outcomes and communicates need for guidance/supervision based on self-assessment of strengths and limitations. Promotes a positive image of nursing and promotes collegiality among healthcare team members. Market Float Pool RNs are scheduled in accordance with the Staffing and Scheduling- Nursing, RN Floating - Healthy Workplace Environment (HWE) and Attendance policies. Requirements of RN unit based, facility based, or system based pools are based on which pool they are in.
- Identifies and individualizes patient goals. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the POC consistent with the patient's status, and then formulates, individualizes, and modifies patient plan of care.
- Completes assessments of patient's/significant others' response to illness, the use of coping mechanisms and emotional needs, and incorporates family/ significant other into plan of care and reflects the plan of care is individualized for each patient.
- Identifies and completes assessments of patient/ significant other educational needs. Develops and helps implement teaching plan. Provides education consistent with patient's level of understanding using existing resources for patient/ significant others.
- Administers medications and treatments safely. Recognizes and reports errors and unusual occurrences. Analyzes and identifies precipitating factors
- Recognizes and responds to crisis situations. Notifies appropriate individuals of actual or impending crisis.
- Reports and documents patient's symptoms, responses, and progress. Interventions are appropriate to patient's symptoms, responses, and progress.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission and vision of the Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
- Understands and is committed to helping the Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals under the LPDS Financial Performance Plan.
- Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
- Adheres to the LPDS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
- Equipment and systems utilized: Meditech, PC, Common Office Equipment, Patient equipment appropriate to area/unit.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Hours per Pay Period:
- Full Time: Minimum of 36 hours per week. One Saturday and one Sunday shift per scheduling cycle (28days)
- PRN: Minimum of 24 hours per week. One Saturday or Sunday shift per scheduling cycle (28 days)
- Full Time: Two Major, two Minor holidays for the year.
- PRN: Two Major, one Minor holiday for the year.
Market Float Pool employees will be required to float to all Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare System Facilities. Market Float Pool Nurses will be scheduled in units in which they have competencies. Market Float Pool Nurse can be placed in a unit below their competency level with a modified assignment.
- Associate's or Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of at least three years of RN experience with a minimum of two years specialty experience for those floating to specialty areas.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Del Sol Medical Center
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas or Compact Nursing License Required Upon Hire
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Required Upon Hire
- NRP Required Upon Hire
- Stable Preferred
is a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation
. This facility has 300+ patient beds
. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women's services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center
. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Market Float Pool NICU Registered Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.