We are recruiting for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor & Delivery - FT! to join our team!We are here for life's journey.
Where is your life journey taking you?
Being the heartbeat of Denver means our heart reflects something bigger than ourselves, something that connects us all:Humanity in action, Triumph in hardship, Transformation in health.Department
Labor and Delivery
Labor & Delivery is a total of three units; Obstetrics Screening Room (OBSR), Obstetrics Special Care Unit (OBSCU) and Labor and Delivery (L&D). Labor and Delivery is a 15-bed unit responsible for the care for both low and high-risk moms. This unit offers both medicated and unmedicated birthing options, and our nursing staff is skilled in providing a variety of labor support techniques. We have three operating rooms and five post anesthesia care unit (PACU) bays. Additionally, we have an 8-bed triage unit and an antepartum unit.Job Summary
Under general supervision, adheres to the American Nurses Association (ANA) standards of professional nursing and performance, and the ANA Code of Ethics to provide care to all healthcare consumers. Applies critical thinking, evidence-based practices and competence to collaborate with the health care team to promote excellence in healthcare consumer safety and quality outcomes. Utilizes the Theory of Human Caring and Caritas in daily practice. "Jean Watson, PhD, RN, AHN-BC, FAAN, Founder / Director, Watson Caring Science Institute." Essential Functions
- Assess the needs of individuals, families and/or communities to identify potential health or safety problems (15%)
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records (10%)
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patient's condition and vital signs (10%)
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patient's responses and conditions (10%)
- Develop and modify patient care plans as indicated by patient's responses and conditions (10%)
- Prepare patients for, and assist with examinations and treatments (10%)
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care (5%)
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity (5%)
- Direct and supervise less skilled nursing/health care personnel (5%)
- Instruct individuals and families on health education and disease prevention and after care (5%)
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent or disabled patients (5%)
- Medication administration, documentation and reassessment (5%)
- Promote positive patient experience (5%)
- Associate's Degree Required
- less than 1 year • One year experience in a direct patient care setting preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BLS-Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) - AHA - American Heart Association Required and
- RN-Registered Nurse - DORA - Department of Regulatory Agencies Required and
- Adherence to Standards of Professional Nursing Practice/ Process / Performance [ANA Standards addendum- signed] and accrediting body standards.
- Ensures all duties, responsibilities and competencies are conducted in a manner that is effective and appropriate to patients/clients to who care/service is being provided.
- Demonstrates knowledge and applicability of the principles of growth and development over the life span, as well as demonstrating the ability to assess data reflecting the patient's status and interpreting appropriate cultural information of the patient(s) to whom care/ services is being delivered/provided.
- Employee has completed and met their clinical competency standards
- Ability to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Skilled in maintaining effective working relationship with patients, employees, and the public.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to interpret adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Microsoft Office Suite required.
- EPIC documentation preferred.
Nights (United States of America)Work Type
$34.00 - $55.53 / hrBenefits
- Competitive pay
- Outstanding benefits
- Education opportunities
- Shared leadership and advancement opportunity
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Immediate retirement plan matching
- Professional clinical advancement program
- Participation in evidence-based projects
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer
- National Health Service Corps (NHCS) and Colorado Health Service Corps (CHSC) eligible employer
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.Denver Health
is an integrated, high-quality academic health care system considered a model for the nation that includes a Level I Trauma Center, a 555-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 10 family health centers, 19 school-based health centers, Rocky Mountain Poison & Drug Safety, a Public Health Institute, an HMO and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary, and essential, safety-net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided billions in uncompensated care for the uninsured. Denver Health is viewed as an Anchor Institution for the community, focusing on hiring and purchasing locally as applicable, serving as a pillar for community needs, and caring for more than 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located near downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Denver Health values the unique ideas, talents and contributions reflective of the needs of our community. For read more about our commitment to diversity visit: https://www.denverhealth.org/for-professionals/careers/diversity-and-inclusion