Oviedo Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care?
Submit your application for Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
We are offering a Sign on Bonus for eligible qualified external candidates!
Oviedo Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Oviedo Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a dynamic Labor & Delivery RN to join our team. We need a compassionate and reliable RN to provide care and treatment to obstetric patients in our patient centered care model. In this role you will be required to make clinical assessments of situations and manage treatment autonomously. You would be part of a phenomenal team that works hard to support each other while providing excellent care to our patients in a collaborative manner. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
What qualifications you will need:
- Collect comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation
- Advocate for patients as part of the interdisciplinary team
- Analyze the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues
- Evaluates the obstetrical patient for any situation that may compromise the well-being of mother and fetus
- Participate in routine delivery as well as planned or emergent Cesarean Sections
- Act as an advocate for patient safety
- Ensure effective care and use of time, supplies, and equipment
- Educate patients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providing patients and their families with support throughout their stay
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida, multistate or able to obtain licensure prior to start is required
- 1 year of RN experience in Labor & Delivery
- BSN is preferred
- Neonate Resuscitate must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse Diploma, or Associate Degree
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt, or ACLS Instructor must be obtained within 60 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or BCLS Instructor must be obtained prior to employment start date
Oviedo Medical Center is a 64-bed acute care hospital. We serve east Seminole County and surrounding communities. We offer a full range of healthcare services. Our services include surgical inpatient units and intensive care. We deliver 24/7 emergency care. Our hospital offers medical cardiology and telemetry. We provide inpatient and outpatient surgery, and women's services including labor and delivery. Our hospital offers comprehensive diagnostic imaging. We also offer cardiopulmonary services and cardiac catheterization. We are committed to providing patient-centered care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.