Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Las Palmas Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) NICU PICU Transport Registered Nurse you can be a part of change.
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) NICU PICU Transport Registered Nurse. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation, and care of patients during the transport process under the direction of Director, Administrative Director, and Medical Director of the transport team. Collaborates with other professionals to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes and can function autonomously in an advanced clinical role with responsibilities in the areas of clinical care, leadership, education, consultation and research. Contributes to the provision of quality care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
Assist management in the development of systems, processes and programs to improve quality of patient care and increase nursing efficiency throughout the transport process. Develops, coordinates, and monitors unit preceptor program in collaboration with transport team administration.
What qualifications you will need:ALL RN's REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS:
In addition MATERNAL RN:
- Licensed as RN to practice in the state of Texas
- NRP Neonate Resuscitate
In addition PICU/NICU RN:
- Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Certification
PREFERRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS:MATERNAL RN:
- C-NPT Neo Ped Transport; 24 months grace from date of hire/transfer
- TNCC Trauma Nursing Core Course; 1 year grace from date of hire/transfer
- ENPC Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course; 1 year grace from date of hire/transfer
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Diploma, Associate or BSN
- Two years' experience as a Registered Nurse in Neonatal, Pediatric, L&D, Areas.
- Critical Care Transport Experience
- Three years' experience as a Registered Nurse in Neonatal, Pediatric, L&D, Adult, and/or Emergency Critical Care
- Reads and writes Basic English.
- Ability to move in excess of 50 pounds with assistance from staff.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patients, families, internal and external partners, managerial and employee needs.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).Las Palmas Medical Center
is a 300+ bed
full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region's only kidney transplant center
. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center
, cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our NICU PICU Transport Registered Nurse opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.