Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Las Palmas Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse PRN and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse PRN opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY:
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans and the plan of care.
What qualifications you will need:REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Texas or Compact State Nursing License - RN required
- BCLS Certification
- NRP Certification (Chapters 1-9) within 3 months of hire or immediately with Newborn, Labor and Delivery/Antepartum experience
- ACLS Certification within 6 months of hire or immediately if required at previous employer
- Intermediate Fetal Monitoring through AWHONN within 6 months from finish of floor orientation.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Graduate from an Accredited Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree of Nursing Program
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team to ensure quality care
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills and ability to prioritize needs continuously.
- Ability to lead a team and function as a team member.
- Excellent customer service skills, follow AIDET philosophy.
- Computer literate in charting and order entry.
- Introductory Fetal Monitoring course completed within 30 days from start of floor orientation.
- 20 hours or Breastfeeding Education, 5 hours will be under direct observation of the Lactation Consultant within 6 months of hire. Annual competency check-off to follow after 20 education hours are completed.
Las Palmas Medical Center
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Nursing Program preferred.
- Perinatal and neonatal healthcare experience preferred.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. course certification within 6 months of hire preferred.
- Lactation Educator or Consultant preferred.
- AWHONN member
is a 300+ bed
full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region's only kidney transplant center
. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center
, cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse PRN opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.