Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons we've achieved our sixth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything necessary to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals.
Pregnancy is a life-changing experience that's different for every woman. And Cedars-Sinai takes our patients' needs personally. From prenatal testing to childbirth classes and lactation services, moms and newborns can expect the highest level of attention and care from our dedicated team. With our outstanding facilities, medical professionals and state-of-the-art resources for high-risk or complicated pregnancies, more women choose to have their babies here than at any other hospital in Los Angeles.As a Registered Nurse in Postpartum:
- Provides and documents direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients.
- Educates patients on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Administers medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement the treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- Performs/Assists procedures and diagnostic tests
- Observes signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications, general behavior, and/or general physical condition.
- Assesses signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics.
- Plans and implements care based on observations.
- Implements appropriate reporting, referrals, and care in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Identifies patient's readiness for learning and ability to understand instructions and give consent.
- Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- Intervenes to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patients.
- Delegate duties to non-licensed personnel as appropriate and within scope of practice
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher preferred.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS required
- Specialty Certification required or willing to obtain within 1 year from start date for consideration as a Clinical Nurse III(external); otherwise, will be considered for Clinical Nurse II level
- Minimum 3 year recent acute RN experience in Postpartum
- Applicants with 1+ years' experience will be considered for Clinical Nurse II level
Registered Nurse - Postpartum - 12 hour Full Time Nights - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!Department:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
12 hour shiftShift Type:
$56.14 - $89.82