Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons we've achieved our sixth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything necessary to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals.
Our world-class, 45-bed, Level IV, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) admits nearly 700 infants per year, dedicated to delivering the highest quality care for all newborns, ranging from healthy neonates to sick or premature newborns requiring close observation or intensive care. We are one of the largest in Southern California and unmatched in the United States for its state-of-the-art design and technology.Summary of Essential Duties:
- As a Registered Nurse, you will establish a plan of care, set goals, determine priorities, and provide care within established standards of practice.
- Provides and accurately documents direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner.
- Provides care and patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- Observes signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition.
- Demonstrates refined assessment skills, integrating appropriate data sources to assess the signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics.
- Plans and implements individualized patient care based on observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures. Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies patient's readiness for learning and ability to understand directions/instructions and give consent.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or higher preferred.
- Current California State RN License required
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS and NRP certifications required
- Specialty Certification required or willing to obtain within 1 year from start date for consideration as a Clinical Nurse III(external); otherwise, will be considered for Clinical Nurse II level
- Minimum 3 year recent acute RN experience in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Applicants with 1+ years' experience will be considered for Clinical Nurse II level
Registered Nurse - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - 12 hour Full Time Nights or Days/Nights Rotating - $10,000 Hiring Incentive!Department:
Neonatal Care IBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
12 hour shiftShift Type:
$56.14 - $89.82