Company Overview:Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital
. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.This Position Offers:
Competitive pay, being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and much more. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which can be viewed here
Pay range for new hires: $ 37.18/hr - $ 48.33/hr
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you understand how your direct experience will be considered.Job Overview:
The Obstetrics Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care in accordance with known/accepted standards of practice and AVH policy. Utilizes the Nursing Process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care. Works in support of the medical staff treatment plan and makes recommendations for changes to medical treatment plan as appropriate. Educates patients and family around the plan of care and disease management. Actively supports the nursing philosophy by striving for excellence in patient care, professional development, interpersonal relations, time management, and continuous quality improvement.Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Develops a plan of care for every patient with appropriate nursing interventions
- Records pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Prioritizes patient situations and takes appropriate action in an efficient, effective manner
- Responds to clinical needs of patients in accord with experience, nursing standards, and hospital/nursing policies and procedures.
- Provides individualized patient and family education consistent with patient's learning style, readiness to learn and self-care needs
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient learning
- Coordinates with all members of the hospital team in order to address patient care, resolve problems, and improve the delivery of multidisciplinary care on a daily basis
- Applies individual and group problem solving; shares knowledge with others freely, consults openly, and assists others to interpret data
- Uses verbal and written communication methods effectively
- Provides input into refinement of nursing care plans developed by others
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards
- Develops professional goals and diversity of responsibilities within nursing practice; consistent with hospital mission and goals
- Demonstrates role awareness and seeks individualized/department specific continuing education that improves patient care or professional practice: antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, or neonatal
- Able to express nursing values around patient/family centered care and assists others to achieve shared understanding
- Active participant in quality improvement processes
- Identifies need to seek out additional information when needed and apply relevant findings to nursing practice
- Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient safety standards of practice
- Serves in advocacy role; encouraging active involvement of patient and family in their care
- Follows all security, confidentiality, and privacy policies
- Makes value-added resource decisions for patient care with respect to supplies, equipment, and acuity of care
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional decision making
- Participates and contributes to unit meetings and activities
- Fully competent in the primary nurse role on unit; performs patient and family assessment and problem identification, plans care accordingly; implements and evaluates plan of care so that problems are resolved.
- Maintain competency in the care of the medical surgical patient with emphasis on orthopedic and general surgeries.
- Maintain competency in the care of the pediatric patient.
- In house competencies: Maintain Level II care to PCU.
- Ensures developmentally appropriate care for infants, toddlers, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an OB / Perinatal RN is required
- Current Colorado RN License (or compact)
- Required Certifications
- AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring