Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At TriStar Summit Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Nursery NICU Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
TriStar Summit Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At TriStar Summit Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Nursery NICU Registered Nurse opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Registered Nurses provide and coordinate patient care, educate patients and the public about various health conditions, and provide emotional support to patients and their family members. RNs must use independent and reasonable judgment in providing a wide variety of services as per the scope of nursing practice
What you will do in this role:
- You will demonstrate knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- You will promote customer service initiatives.
- You are given the opportunity to utilize nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- In this role you will demonstrate your ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Most common diagnoses include respiratory distress, prematurity, hypoglycemia, apnea, bradycardia, sepsis, temperature instability and hyperbilirubinemia.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing or other acceptable Board of Nursing
- Current BLS certification (Other certifications as required per Provision of Care for area of employment).
- NRP Certification within 90 days of hire
- STABLE certification within 6 months upon hire.
- 1 year of RN experience required
TriStar Summit is a 200 bed comprehensive facility. We serve Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties. We include a Level III Trauma Center. We offer a full array of acute care services. These include cardiology, oncology, orthopaedics/spine, rehabilitation and women's services. We are an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI. We are a Primary Stroke Center. TriStar Summit is a leading provider of emergency heart and stroke care.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Nursery NICU Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.