This position is eligible for a sign on bonus with a two year commitment to Mission Health! * Current HCA employees and those employed by HCA anytime in the last 6 months are not eligible to receive the sign on bonus.
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Mission Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery PT Nights and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Mission Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery PT Nights opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
- Implements medically prescribed interventions.
What qualifications you will need:
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions, or extensions, may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to the CNO Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of exemptions should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or more of experience are exempt.
- Preferred Education: Masters in Nursing. Required License/Certifications: Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider
- Preferred License/Certifications: National Certification in area of specialty
- Preferred Experience: Prior L&D nursing experience.
Mission Hospital is located in Asheville, North Carolina. This is Mission Health's flagship hospital, licensed for 815 beds. Healthgrades named Mission Hospital as of one America's 50 Best Hospitals from 2020-2023. Mission Hospital is in the top 1% of hospitals in the nation for providing the highest clinical quality year over year. Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade recognized Mission Hospital with an "A," nationally recognizing Mission Hospital's achievements in protecting patients and providing safer healthcare. Mission Hospital also earned the prestigious Magnet® Designation in November 2020. This is the highest international honor that distinguishes organizations that meet rigorous nursing excellence standards. We are the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care. We are the region's only Level II trauma center. Mission Hospital also includes Mission Children's Hospital. The region's only children's hospital - providing 30 pediatric sub-specialists. We're the busiest surgical hospital west of Raleigh, North Carolina. We are the second-busiest in the state. Mission Hospital provides the only open heart and interventional cardiology in the region. We are the only Cyberknife provider west of Raleigh.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery PT Nights opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.