- Responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes safety and well–being of all patients assigned to OB/NBN/NICU/NAS/PEDS departments on a twenty-four hour basis. Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates the overall clinical nursing practice and administrative activities, including fiscal, material and human resource management. Participates in the development and implementation of hospital policies and procedures. Maintains open communication with all staff to promote improvement in performance. Participates in staff development, educational programs, and orientations. Provides leadership for staff, promotes an environment in which all team members can work cooperatively. Functions effectively as a key player in the facility Leadership teams. Works collaboratively with users of clinical information systems. Provides leadership for planning and administering information operations for clinical departments. Responsible for coordinating aspects of planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of clinical information systems. Integrates nursing science, computer science, and information science to manage and communicate data, information, and knowledge in nursing practice. Demonstrates the ability to respond to emergency situations. Oversees Emergency Management/ Preparedness activities for assigned departments Experience initiating and sustaining a Baby-Friendly™ program & environment
- Graduate of Registered Nursing program. Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master’s preferred. Commensurate education and experience may be considered.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of West Virginia or able to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Minimum of 5 years of Obstetrical and/or Newborn/Special Care experience is required Must have 3 years Obstetrical and/or Newborn/Special Care Nursery experience.\
- Minimum 3 years OB / Nursery or PEDs Leadership required
- Commensurate experience may be considered.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required NRP certification required within 6 months and STABLE certification preferred within 6 months of employment with revalidation every two years. AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring must be obtained within the first year of employment. Healthcare BLS validation required within 60 days of employment, with revalidation per AHA guidelines. STABLE certification optional. National certification in specialty area preferred.
- Experience with computers required. Meditech and/or Epic experience preferred.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years experience at the Nursing Director level preferred Charge Nurse and/or Supervisory OB/Nursery/PEDS experience required. Demonstrates competence in clinical practice and leadership.
HOURS OF WORK
- Must be able to work scheduled hours as dictated by business needs including flexing up and down to volume demand.
- Applicable Populations Served for this Position Neonate (0 to 1 Month) Pediatric Infant (1 Month to 12 Months) Pediatric Child (1 Year to 12 Years) Adolescent (13 Years to 17 Years) Adult (18 Years to 64 Years) Geriatric (65 Years and Older)
- Exposure is Rare, Frequent, Continual or Not Applicable Toxic/Caustic Chemicals or Detergents - Rare Extreme Conditions, Hot or Cold - Rare Dust/Fumes/Gasses - Rare Moving Mechanical Parts - Rare Potential Electric Shock - Rare X-Ray or Other Electromagnetic Energy - Rare High Pitched Noises - Continual Needles or Other Sharp Objects - Rare Blood or Body Fluids Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) - Rare Communicable Disease (Tuberculosis, Meningitis, etc) - Rare Unprotected Heights - Rare CRT (Computer) Monitor - Continual Frequent Repetitive Motions - Continual
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Use is Rare, Frequent, Continual, or Not Required Respirator; Breathing Equipment - Rare Eye Protection - Rare Head Covering - Rare Hearing Protection - Rare Hand Protection - Rare Body Protection - Rare
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Initial and continuing education, including OSHA/Universal Precautions as listed in the Education Guidelines will be provided to all employees.