Description $10,000 Sign-on Bonus for those who qualify!
In addition to differentials, full time night shift RNs are eligible to participate in UCHealth's night shift incentive program
upon completion of orientation. This includes an additional $1,600 bonus every 15 weeks
when full time hours are worked.
Facility: UCHealth Anschutz Medical Center (Aurora)
Department: Labor and Delivery
- Associates Degree in Nursing is Required At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion. Summary:
Provides direct patient care, at a proficient level, using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization. Unit Summary:
- Provides care for high and low risk Labor patients in a fast-paced Academic hospital.
- Provides care to OBED patients and Antepartum patients
- ~300 births per month and ~500 OBED visits per month
- Pre-op, Circulate and Recover cesarean deliveries as well as D&C's and tubal ligations
Labor and Delivery consists of 12 labor and delivery rooms, 7 antepartum rooms, 3 operating rooms and a recovery room as well as a 6 bed Obstetric Emergency Room. Patients 20weeks and above with pregnancy concerns or complications are evaluated in the OBED. Patients that require hospitalization during their pregnancy make up the antepartum patient population. They receive monitoring and expert OB care on the inpatient unit until discharged to home or delivery. Labor and Delivery experiences vary from low-risk interventions such as water births and nitrous oxide to the highest risk deliveries. All these patient care opportunities are available on L&D and the nurses strive to provide personalized care using the latest evidence-based practices. Job Duties:
- Provides complex care in various stages of the obstetric and neonatal progression of care which may include antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, well newborn, Special Care Nursery or Neonatal Intensive Care.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Provides operative and postoperative care for the obstetric patient.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- RN License
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program - within 6 months of hire date
- ACLS - within 6 months of hire date
- BLS - BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
- Graduate of an accredited or state board of nursing approved Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience
- Minimum Experience: 6 months of Women and Infants nursing (RN) experience or completion of the UCHealth Fellowship program.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Labor and Delivery experience.
Are you a RN New Grad? Visit to find out about our exciting New Grad opportunities!
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here. Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
The pay range for this position is: $33.08 - $51.27/ hour... Please click HERE to view full job description.