Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) NICU Registered Nurse PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) NICU Registered Nurse PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care on infants. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will complete admission assessments of newborns
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients� response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will conduct on-going assessments of infants and communicate any changes appropriately
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will assist transport teams in stabilization of infants and provide necessary support and documentation to facilitate the transfer
* You will provide support and education materials to families on homecare, treatments, adoption and support groups
* You will assist mothers in breastfeeding alongside the Lactation Department
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience in as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 1 year of nursing experience in an acute care setting � preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David�s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required as per St. David�s Healthcare policy
* S. T. A. B. L. E. Neonatal Education Program Certification � preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved). St. David�s Medical Center
is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility
features a 24-hour emergency department, the region�s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
, and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David�s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David�s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women�s services, complex surgical services, and a HERE to view full job description.