Children's Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care for a nursing job in Dallas, Texas.
Job Description & Requirements
RN Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RN - Neonatal (NICU) Shift: NIGHT SHIFT, 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.About the Job
- Specialty: NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours
- Employment Type: Permanent
Performs the functions of a registered nurse in direct patient care of the Level IV - 47 bed NICU. Works effectively with members of the health care team in the provision of care to patients and their families. Some Highlighted Responsibilities
- Care of patients in the Level IV NICU
- Management of complex neonates: Pre-op/Post-op, dialysis, infant cooling, malformations, central lines, parental nutrition, gastrostomy tubes, inotropes, code events, and end-of-life
- Proficient skills with the use of nasal cannulas, non-invasive respiratory support, tracheostomies conventional ventilators, high-frequency oscillators, and JET ventilation, delivery of nitric oxide
- Administration of medications, blood products, wound care, oral and tube feedings
- Assessing and maintaining appropriate developmental care while preventing hospital-acquired conditions
- Delivery of family-centered care that is inclusive, informative and promotes a positive family experience
Experience: 2 years' NICU RN experience
License: TX RN License
Certification: required in 6 months NRP
Childrens Health Job ID #7746. Posted job title: Registered Nurse - NICU
About Children's HealthOur Mission: Make life better for children
For more than 100 years, our mission has been to make life better for children. Since our humble beginnings in 1913 as a baby camp, we have had a long-standing commitment to our community that includes not only high-quality patient care but also advocacy, education and preventive care with an unwavering focus on our mission.
We take great pride in serving as one of the largest and most prestigious pediatric health care providers in the country and as the leading pediatric health system in North Texas. Through our academic affiliation with UT Southwestern, we are a leader in life-changing treatments, innovative technology and ground-breaking research. We are honored to be consistently recognized among the top children's hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report .
As the North Texas community grows, we remain committed to keeping alive Children's Health℠ Founder Nurse May Smith's spirit of courage, dedication to excellence and service to the families in our communities while providing world-class care.
Our commitment to our community reaches beyond our walls and into schools, social-service organizations, corporate boardrooms, city halls and legislative chambers. In addition to providing health care, we often serve as a voice for the voiceless and an advocate for the children who have no vote and no lobbying group to speak on their behalf.
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- License and certification reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Discount program
- Relocation bonus