CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
THIS POSITION OFFERS A $20,000 SIGN ON BONUS Responsibilities
- Adheres to St. Alexius Medical Center mission, values, and Journey Beyond Excellence expectations to foster a compassionate, healing environment providing physiological, emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families, and visitors.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to St. Alexius Medical Center policies, philosophies and standards of care regulated by ND State Board of Nursing, the ND nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations
- Utilizes the nursing process, including planning, assessment, intervention, and evaluation, to develop and implement a comprehensive plan of care for the patient and family focused on optimal patient outcomes,
- Meets the educational needs of patient/family/co-workers utilizing principles and current professional literature to achieve positive learning outcomes. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Delegates nursing care with respect based on knowledge of staff qualifications/competencies and individual patient care needs.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, mediation administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records following HIPAA regulations and St. Alexius Medical Center policy.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in multidisciplinary problem-solving.
- Successfully completes the defined job specific competencies, including competencies for age specific, as appropriate.
Nursing degree from an approved school of nursing. Licensure:
Licensed to practice registered nursing in the state of ND or in a compact state. Graduate Nurse (G.N) must practice under the supervision of a registered nurse while the work authorization to practice is valid. Experience:
No previous experience required. Skills:
Working knowledge of clinical skills in delivery of patient care. Basic Life Support Certification within the orientation period and meets re-certification as required. Interpersonal Skills:
Good communication skills are necessary because of the constant communication, both oral and written, with patients, families, visitors, and medical center staff. Accountable for own conduct and promotes and supports positive working relationships among staff, between other disciplines, departments, families, visitors, and patients. Maintains confidentiality. Pay Range
$28.75 - $41.20 /hour