Parkland Health and Hospital System is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Women's Services Senior for a nursing job in Dallas, Texas.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Women's Services
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.PRIMARY PURPOSE
The RN is a licensed professional who uses the Parkland nursing professional practice model to coordinate patient care delivery by the health care team. Using the nursing process, the RN assesses the patient, identifies nursing diagnoses based on responses to health problems, develops and implements an individualized plan of care, and evaluates the patient's response. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare encounter without any preventable complications or delays. The RN delegates interventions to health care personnel based on the Texas Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition and the competencies of the employee.MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONSEducation
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor's in Nursing Degree (BSN) preferred.Experience
- Must have two years of nursing experience.
- Prefer experience in an acute care setting.Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Military Training Network.Skills or Special Abilities
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care
. - Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a Charge Nurse.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational programs
. - Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.Responsibilities
1. Serves as a patient advocate, by focusing on patient needs, patient rights, confidentiality, and religious and cultural preferences. Maintains positive working relationships with all Parkland internal and external customers, employees, etc. Serves as a resource for patients and other healthcare team members. Serves as a resource for specific clinical patient care issues. Provides patient care educational information and training to patient and family members. May participate in community outreach activities (such as health fairs, community collaborations or outreach clinics) as assigned.
2. Completes appropriate documentation. Maintains accurate and timely entries and notations in patient care records and hospital documents. Ensures that all records and documents meet the standards, goals, and objectives of the assigned department and Parkland.
3. Works with other staff in providing direction to non-nursing staff. Participates in information exchanges with nursing and other Parkland staff that support the standards, missions, goals and objectives of the department and Parkland. Seeks and utilizes direction from more experience staff and team members as needed. Serves as Charge Nurse on rotation as necessary.
4. Serves as a preceptor or trainer to newer nursing staff members.
5. Prepares and conducts an inservice educational program for the assigned department, at least once per year. Job Accountabilities
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status. As part of our commitment to our patients and employees' wellness, Parkland Health is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Parkland Health and Hospital Systems Job ID #914277-en_US. Posted job title: Sr Reg Nurse - Maple Women's Health Clinic
About Parkland Health and Hospital System
We will advance wellness, relieve suffering, develop and educate.
We will advance health equity through excellence as a public health system.
Parkland's values are the principles that guide us. They are reflected in our actions. Our values are spelled simply as I CARE.I CARE stands for:I
ntegrity - I will be honest, trustworthy, authentic, humble and transparent.C
ompassion and collaboration - I will provide service in a spirit of empathy, concern and love. I will work together with others to deliver excellent care for our community.A
ccountability - I will hold myself and others responsible for performance excellence, stewardship, and will welcome feedback.R
espect - I will value the unique and diverse experiences of others and treat everyone with kindness and humility.E
quity - I will value the diversity of patients and colleagues and strive to promote everyone's health, dignity, and voice.