Parkland Health and Hospital System is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) OB/GYN for a nursing job in Dallas, Texas.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: OB/GYN
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Permanent
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.PRIMARY PURPOSE
- The RN is a licensed professional who uses the Parkland nursing professional practice model to coordinate patient care delivery, that focuses on a particular patient population(s)/specific health conditions, by the health care team.
- Using the nursing process, the RN assesses the patient, identifies nursing diagnoses based on responses to health problems, develops and implements an individualized plan of care, and evaluates the patient's response.
- The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare encounter without any preventable complications or delays.
- The RN delegates interventions to health care personnel based on the Texas Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition and the competencies of the employee.
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor's in Nursing Degree (BSN) preferred.
- Less than 2 years of experience.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Military Training Network.
- Must have current American Heart Association ACLS/ALS course completion card within 90 days of hire or reclassification into the role.
- Effective 8/11/2021, incumbents were placed into position based on years of experience for the role through job architecture.
- All internal incumbents placed into positions will have until 12/31/2021 to obtain ACLS certification.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
Parkland Health and Hospital Systems Job ID #852921-en_US. Posted job title: RN Spec - OBGYN-Emergency Services-FT-Nights
About Parkland Health and Hospital System
We will advance wellness, relieve suffering, develop and educate.
We will advance health equity through excellence as a public health system.
Parkland's values are the principles that guide us. They are reflected in our actions. Our values are spelled simply as I CARE.I CARE stands for:I
ntegrity - I will be honest, trustworthy, authentic, humble and transparent.C
ompassion and collaboration - I will provide service in a spirit of empathy, concern and love. I will work together with others to deliver excellent care for our community.A
ccountability - I will hold myself and others responsible for performance excellence, stewardship, and will welcome feedback.R
espect - I will value the unique and diverse experiences of others and treat everyone with kindness and humility.E
quity - I will value the diversity of patients and colleagues and strive to promote everyone's health, dignity, and voice.