Parkland Health and Hospital System is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Post Partum for a nursing job in Dallas, Texas.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Post Partum
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Permanent
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.Primary Summary
Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal patient responses for all patients through patient centered/patient valued care. Minimum SpecificationsEducation:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing. - Prefer Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Must have two years of experience of Mother Baby experience.
- None Certification/Registration/Licensure:
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have current RN license or valid temporary permit with the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross Rescuer
- Military Training Network.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status. As part of our commitment to our patients and employees' wellness, Parkland Health is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff and serve as a preceptor.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
Parkland Health and Hospital Systems Job ID #693801-en_US. Posted job title: Registered Nurse-Post/AcutePartum-CSO (Full Time/Nights)
About Parkland Health and Hospital System
We will advance wellness, relieve suffering, develop and educate.
We will advance health equity through excellence as a public health system.
Parkland's values are the principles that guide us. They are reflected in our actions. Our values are spelled simply as I CARE.I CARE stands for:I
ntegrity - I will be honest, trustworthy, authentic, humble and transparent.C
ompassion and collaboration - I will provide service in a spirit of empathy, concern and love. I will work together with others to deliver excellent care for our community.A
ccountability - I will hold myself and others responsible for performance excellence, stewardship, and will welcome feedback.R
espect - I will value the unique and diverse experiences of others and treat everyone with kindness and humility.E
quity - I will value the diversity of patients and colleagues and strive to promote everyone's health, dignity, and voice.