Description $10,000 sign-on bonus for those who qualify!
Facility: Memorial Hospital Central (Colorado Springs)
Department: Critical Obstetrics
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing is Required At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion. Summary:
- Serves as critical care liaison and clinical resource. Conducts interventions focused on care coordination and utilization.
- Makes frequent rounds to nursing units and ancillary hospital units. Acts as a clinical resource while providing clinical consultation and ensuring care coordination. Works to optimize health care team interventions by providing advanced, anticipatory care interventions to achieve safe, optimal health outcomes for the patient and family.
- Coordinates care across departments to meet outcomes management and system improvement goals. Educates staff by reinforcing appropriate methods of effective and safe patient care.
- Collaborates with staff in identification of outcome indicators, data analysis and system improvement. Identifies opportunities and solutions for service and safety improvements.
- Attends Medical Emergency Response (MET) calls, providing clinical consultation and coordination of care. Provides direct patient care as needed. Independently administers medications per licensure authority, assesses effects of medications, and documents administration per policies and regulatory requirements.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
ADDITIONAL POSITION LEVEL CREDENTIAL INFORMATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited or state board of nursing approved nursing program.
- RN License
- BLS - BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
- Healthcare Provider and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Graduate of an accredited or state board of nursing approved Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience
- 2 years of critical care experience.
- NRP within 3 months of hire. TNCC or ATCN within 6 months of hire.
- Master's degree in Nursing.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification.
Are you a RN New Grad? Visit to find out about our exciting New Grad opportunities!
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here. Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
The pay range for this position is: $36.470000 - $56.520000 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee's contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years' employment. UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5-year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits ... Please click HERE to view full job description.