RN Staff Nurse - Women's Services
Job ID: 23-32262
Type: Regular Full-Time
Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel
The Legacy nursing philosophy focuses on patients and their families. Our nurses embody this philosophy in everything they do, as advocates, communicators, problem-solvers and caregivers. Their expertise is sought after and respected by our health care team. In short, they are the face of wellness at Legacy. Does this sound like an environment in which you could thrive? If so, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel is a regional center for the care of infants, children and teens. We offer unrivaled pediatric expertise in a state of- the-art facility designed exclusively for children. From routine care to the most complex cases, pediatricians and families trust us to provide the most advanced medical and surgical care for kids.
Responsible for patient care within an assigned department/unit and participates as a member of the health care team in cooperation with and under the direction of the clinical manager or designee as defined by the relevant Standards and Scope of Practice for the Registered Nurse. The RN Staff Nurse assesses, analyzes, plans, implements and evaluates patient care following established patient care standards for Legacy Health System including those for patient assessment and transfer.
As required by licensure. BSN or degree in progress strongly preferred. BSN may be required for specific assignments; experienced RNs without a BSN may be hired based on clinical experience with approval of the site CNO.
One-year registered nursing experience or completion of either the Legacy Health RN Residency program or a nursing program that is equivalent in content, curriculum and duration. Additional clinical experience requirements may vary dependent upon the specific department in which the position is utilized.
- AHA BLS required
- AHA/AAP Advanced NRP is mandatory (for initial or upon renewal). May be hired with AHA/AAP Essential NRP, but must obtain Advanced NRP within 6 weeks or completion of orientation, whichever is longer. Travel nurses may continue to have Essential NRP if not performing in Charge, Neonatal Resuscitation, Baby, or NICU RN roles.
- If recovering OB or Surgical patients AHA ACLS within 6 months of hire.
- STABLE within 6 months of hire.
- Advance Fetal Monitoring Course within 6 months of labor training.
- Ability to Scrub or scrub training within 6 months of hire (specific for Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital).
- Refer to Womens Education Plan for ongoing competencies.
Demonstrated ability of positive interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, patients, families, physicians and the community. Keyboard skills and ability to navigate electronic systems applicable to job functions.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/QLeZPPcJYDE52f2ZeFo8Ob