Provides direct patient care to patients using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
Duke LifePoint Healthcare is a joint venture of Duke University Health System, one of the country's leading academic health systems, and LifePoint Health, a leading healthcare company dedicated to Making Communities Healthier. These two forces joined because of the shared interest in collaborating with hospitals, healthcare providers and patients to bring high quality, innovative healthcare services to communities. Duke LifePoint combines Duke's unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence and quality care with LifePoint's extensive resources and knowledge and experience operating community hospitals and healthcare organizations.
- Supervises and mentors staff during assigned shift. Determines staffing level and assignments based on staff availability, staff abilities, census, and patient acuity.
- Provides direct patient care as needed. Floats between staff to assist with problem-solving.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care, including formal evaluation, and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes. Responds to complaints about patient care and related services, and manages through established channels.
- Performs role-specific duties as assigned, including entering orders, performing admissions or discharges, and coordinating transfers. Ensures staff has necessary equipment and supplies to provide safe, quality patient care.
- Completes unit based audits to ensure proper documentation.
- Completes unit based simulation/ drills and competencies for staff.
- Knowledgeable of the Chain of Command and CUS. Reports directly to Clinical Leader, Director, or House Supervisor.
- The charge nurse role requires strategic thinking and planning, as well as the ability to delegate tasks appropriately and within the nursing scope of practice. The charge nurse is responsible for accounting for the daily census, maintaining a safe environment through situational awareness, strategic planning, and thinking. Must have strong, clear, concise communication skills and function as a team player.
Benefits - Wide range of benefits options!
- Here at Frye, you choose your own Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from a variety of competitive options that give you the coverage that best fits your needs.
- 401(K) retirement plan contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Assistance with OptumRx
- Income protection programs for the entire family such as life insurance, Short/Long-term Disability, and Identity Theft.
- Employee Assistance program at no cost to you to provide emotional, legal, financial, and daily life support for your entire household. Services are available 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week.
- Free travel and entertainment discount program to ensure you enjoy your time away from work.
- Vitality Employee Wellness Plan allows you to take up to 30% off of your bi-weekly health insurance premiums. You also accrue points which allows you to buy merchandise or gift cards at no cost to you.
Why join our team?
Frye Regional Medical Center employs more than 1500 professional and clinical staff. Our medical center is a 355-bed acute care facility which offers a broad array of inpatient and outpatient care. Frye Regional Medical Center is dedicated to providing patients with a full range of services to meet the healthcare needs of our community. We believe our employees are our most valuable assets in accomplishing this goal and we have made great strides to ensure employee satisfaction. If you are passionate about changing lives, we are looking for you!
- Minimum of 1-year labor and delivery experience in a leadership role preferred or a minimum of 3-years labor and delivery experience.
- Associate's degree required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
- Current RN license to practice in NC
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- STABLE Preferred
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP)
- Fetal Monitoring Basic within 6 months, Intermediate within 1 year, then advanced every 2 years
- Certification in specialty preferred, member of AWHONN preferred.