Register Nurse (IVF)
To provide proficient nursing care for patients in a fast-paced professional environment treating and consulting with patients and couples in areas concerning fertility, conception, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assess factors of the patient’s past and present physical, psychosocial, and cultural baseline, health problems, and external support systems which may impact his/her ability to cope with current healthcare needs
- Provides a compassionate environment for patients and patients’ families
- Counsels patients regarding ART and infertility treatment
- Provides appropriate patient education programs to meet individual health care needs
- Coordinates patient treatment plans in conjunction with established clinical protocols
- Works directly with physicians to resolve patient challenges and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies
- Assists with coordination of some egg, sperm, and embryo donation treatment plans
- Performs preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative assessments. Helps patients to understand all aspects of surgery
- Cares for and monitors patients who have received various types of anesthesia medications
- Administers medications intravenously and by other routes as directed by the physician
Demonstrates administrative and clinical leadership skills by:
- Supervising medical assistants in planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care
- Identifying and correcting situations not in accordance with departmental policies
- Evaluating staffing requirements and patient needs when in charge of the unit during specified work periods
- Serving as a role model in the area of professional behavior
- Precepting and orienting staff to policy, procedure, and clinical situations under the direction of the nurse manager
- Maintaining accountability for the delivery of nursing care and for aspects of nursing care delegated to others
- Adhering to ethical and legal standards of the institution and the nursing profession
- An active license as a registered nurse is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing- OR- Diploma or associate degree in nursing.
- At least two years of relevant clinical experience is necessary.
- PACU experience is strongly preferred. Current BLS and ACLS certifications preferred and/or be willing to attain.