Clinical Nursing Supervisor (OB/GYN)
To provide proficient nursing care for an individual or a group of patients and to provide supervisory oversight for the clinical and administrative staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned. Dependent upon the area of assignment performs all, or a combination of, the following:
- Uses advanced nursing knowledge and the nursing process to assess factors of the patient’s past and present physical, psychosocial, and cultural baseline, health problems, and external support systems which may impact his/her ability to cope with the current health situation.
- Define a nursing problem list, based on the assessment of the patient, that reflects the consideration of the medical diagnosis and the patient’s problems.
- Develop and individualize a plan of care that is directed toward the optimal resolution of nursing diagnoses and prevention of future problems.
- Evaluates and document a patient’s progress toward goals.
- Collaborates with the health care team in the implementation and revision of a comprehensive plan of care and/or goals as necessary.
- Implement appropriate patient education programs to meet individual health care needs. Assist physicians with day-to-day patient care.
- Taking histories and assessing the reason for the visit.
- Assist with procedures and treatments.
- Provide patient teaching when necessary.
- Records nursing care using appropriate documentation.
- Current D.C. Licensure as a registered nurse or evidence of application for licensure in D.C. and current out-of-state is necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing- OR- Diploma or associate degree in nursing.
- Experience At least two years of relevant clinical experience is necessary along with supervisory skills.
Apply for Clinical Nursing Supervisor (OB/GYN)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly