- Department: 11 East - Womens/Peds Post Surgical
- Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, 40 hours a week
- Hospital: St. John Medical Center
- Location: Tulsa, OK
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics. Responsibilities
Coordinate unit staffing and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.
- Assign, direct, educate and monitor nursing and support staff during assigned shift.
- Contribute to or perform performance evaluations of staff.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient care and identify any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Respond to complaints about patient care and manage through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Required professional licensure/certification AND 1 year of cumulative job specific experience required.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
Ascension St. John has been serving Northeast Oklahoma with compassionate, personalized care since 1926. Join more than 7,000 associates and find a rewarding healthcare career at one of our 6 hospitals and numerous other sites of care. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states. Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster. Pay Non-Discrimination Notice Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.