Saint Vincent Hospital is a 381-bed hospital located in Worcester, Massachusetts. Founded by the Catholic Sisters of Providence of Holyoke in 1893, Saint Vincent's was named after the patron saint of the Sisters' order, Saint Vincent de Paul. For more than 100 years, Saint Vincent Hospital has provided high-quality care to Worcester and surrounding communities. As we've grown, we've remained a leader in our central Massachusetts community by adopting new treatments and expanded services to truly be a place where your family can receive all the care they need. From newborns to seniors, we can give you the quality care you deserve.
St Vincent Hospital - Center for Women & Infants
The Center for Women & Infants is a Level IIB perinatal service in downtown Worcester. It is comprised of 10 Labor/Delivery/Recovery Rooms, 2 ORs, a seven bed Level IIB Nursery and 28 private mother-baby rooms. We offer 24-hour anesthesia services and hospitalist CNM coverage in addition to highly qualified OB/GYN and CNM delivery practices and unit coverage. The Center for Women and Infants proudly achieved Baby Friendly Designation in 2019 and offers a comprehensive lactation support program, childbirth education and a human donor milk program.
This role provides direct clinical patient care. The role will assume responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing direct clinical care to assigned patients on a per shift basis, and unit level. The role is responsible for supervision of staff to which appropriate care is delegated. The role is accountable to support CNO to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care.
• Responsible for the effective delivery and management of patient care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice.
• This includes assessment and reassessment, identification of problems and strengths, planning of interventions and the evaluation and documentation of outcomes of the nursing care provided.
• This includes the involvement of the patient and/or significant other (s) and is in collaboration with the healthcare team.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient(s) as indicated.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
• BSN preferred
• Current RN licensure in State of Massachusetts
• BLS-American Heart Association Required
• 1-year RN LDRP or Mother Baby inpatient experience
Licensure & Certification:
Currently licensed as RN in the State of MA.
Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.