Collaborates with Education Consultants and managers to develop, design, deliver and evaluate/improve education strategies and special projects/programs based on clients departmental goals and needs, as well as organizational goals/objectives. Implements education programs and strategies and coordinates to meet regulatory program requirements and organizational needs.Essential Responsibilities:
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates programs to meet regulatory requirements and organizational, departmental and discipline specific needs.
- Designs, develops, and coordinates activities for continuing professional education for staff.
- Collaborates with consultants to develop special projects in professional education, development and learning.
- Communicates and markets education programs to a broad target audience using appropriate methods, and based on identified/assessed needs.
- Participates in classroom instruction on developed projects.
- Makes recommendations for cost/quality strategies, works within budget; serves as expert resource to staff and departments in defining and meeting educational, clinical, quality and cost outcomes and performance measures.
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates/improves the orientation, cross training and education/competency processes/systems for clinical staff.
- Responds to corporate and industry changes in clinical practice and professional education and provides necessary training, education and development which improves organizational performance.
- Ensures compliance and documentation of organizational records based on regulatory agency standards.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous teaching experience required or previous recent experience in in-service education in clinical service area (usually two (2) to five (5) years.).
- Bachelors degree or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- International Board Lactation Consultant Examiners Certificate within 12 months of hire
- Experience in breast-feeding education and postpartum and/or mother-baby.
- Knowledge of Standards of Care pertinent to breast-feeding education.
- Adult learning knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and group facilitator/process skills.
- Computer literacy required.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- BSN preferred.
- CPR instructor preferred.
- Certified Lactation Educator (CLE).
- Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service skills.
Job Schedule: Job Category:
- Recent Lactation Consultant with inpatient exp in FCC and NICU (within last 2 years)
- Assist in Education of Breastfeeding to staff. Providing education to patients who need guidance
Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners