- Woman’s Hospital
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Competitive + Benefits
- Closing date
- Apr 2, 2023
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- OB/GYN, Women's Health / Services
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Medical Center
Now Looking for Labor & Delivery, Mother/Baby Postpartum, Obstetric High Risk Unit, and Assessment Center RNs!
Our Labor and Delivery Unit was designed exclusively for new moms and babies and we are proud to be a Baby Friendly Hospital. Woman’s has delivered more than 320,000 babies since our inception in 1968, but we still treat every birth as unique and special. Our patient rooms, designed by nurses, offer a home-like setting along with the assurance of having the most advanced technology available. A typical obstetrical patient includes antepartum, observation, outpatient testing, circulating cesarean deliveries, triage and laboring patients who are minimal to high-risk.
Woman’s Mother/Baby Unit incorporates the couplet care model to provide exceptional care to postpartum patients and their newborns. Our 84-bed unit focuses on the delivery of safe, quality-driven patient- and family-centered care that is individualized, equitable, and inclusive. Our current nurse-to-patient ratio is 1 RN to 3 couplets (6 patients).
Our Obstetric High Risk Unit consists of 20 rooms where our nursing staff is specially trained to care for patients with problems related to pregnancy. We provide condition-specific care and intensive monitoring for both patient and baby. Our nurses care for patients on bed rest with high blood pressure, preterm labor, premature rupture of membranes and other problems that sometimes occur with pregnancy. After having a baby some patients require more frequent monitoring and interventions, such as patients with severe hypertension, sepsis, and postpartum hemorrhage not requiring critical care. This unit also cares for patients experiencing a perinatal loss.
The Assessment Center is the designated Emergency Department for the hospital. While functioning as a point of entry for the hospital, we treat a diverse patient population. Primarily, we support the obstetrical patient throughout all stages of their pregnancy. We assess and treat the following in our obstetrical population; labor, hypertension, diabetes, hyperemesis, preterm complications, fetal surveillance as well as early pregnancy complications. We also treat the gynecological, sexual assault, bariatric, oncology and medical/surgical patient. On occasion, we may receive patients who require a higher level of care and we will treat, stabilize and transfer as appropriate.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Identify patient needs and determine priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the interdisciplinary healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Provide education and emotional support to patient and family appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance.
- Document care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priority.
- Provide patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice standards, ANA Standards & the LA Nurse Practice Act.
- Supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN’s scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
- Perform other duties assigned by Department management according to policies and procedures and the mission of Woman's Hospital.
A Work Experience with Purpose
Woman’s is one of the largest specialty hospitals for women and infants in the United States. We are recognized throughout the country for our innovative programs and we pride ourselves in surpassing the expectations of those we serve. Providing exceptional patient care and creating exceptional patient experiences are at the center of what we do at Woman’s. Our team consistently exceeds state and national benchmarks for patient satisfaction.
Our employees, organizational culture, mission, vision, values, and benefits make Woman’s a best place to work. In fact, for the 14th year in a row, Woman’s has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by Modern Healthcare – making us the only healthcare organization to earn the distinction every year since the program’s inception. We are proud of the level of care our staff provides to our patients and each other.
For nurses right out of school to those with more experience, Woman’s is the right career choice if you’re looking for purpose and meaning – to share your passion and compassion to care for others. Your nursing career is as important to us as it is to the patients you will care for every day.
- Advanced care: We invest in delivering the highest quality care to our entire community. It’s our priority.
- Your voice matters: As an ANCC designated Magnet organization, nursing at Woman’s is focused on inclusive decision-making and shared governance. You can help make us better every day.
- Grow with us: When you get better, so do we. Professional development is a part of our culture. We offer:
- In-depth Training and Orientation Period
- Transition to Practice Program
- Career Ladder Program
- Tuition and Certification Reimbursement
$27.72 - $44.35
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Woman’s Hospital. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Associate Degree in Nursing or better.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Creating an exceptional experience is at the center of what we do.
From birth to mammography, from cancer care to surgery, we want to be your resource for exceptional care. Take comfort in the fact that you've chosen a hospital that specializes in the care of women and babies and is equipped to handle the expected as well as the unexpected.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert