Assistant Nurse Manager – Maternal & Child Health
- Kaiser Permanente
- Antioch, California
- $129450 - $167475
- Closing date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Mother and Baby/Postpartum
- Position Type
- Manager / Leader
- Part Time
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Medical Center, Nonprofit
At Kaiser Permanente, our focus on total health allows us to work as one. As one team driven by talented, passionate health care professionals. One community focused on making healthy choices. One organization using the latest innovations and most advanced care to serve 12.5 million people across the country. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in each member’s mind, body, and spirit, join us at the heart of health care.
Assistant Nurse Manager – Maternal & Child Health
- Part-Time (30 hrs/wk) – Job #1138294
- Part-Time (36 hrs/wk) – Job #1104293
Sign-On Bonus may be available!
Manages activities of the unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards. Supervises the day-to-day shift activities.
- Manages the units day-to-day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Must have L&D experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as charge nurse, preceptor, quality improvement champion or other related leadership experience.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- High school diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED) required.
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life Support
- ACLS, PALS, NRP certification may be required for positions in specific departments.
- Evidence of training completion as preceptor or charge nurse.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, & budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission & other federal, state, & local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred. ACLS certification strongly preferred.
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 1138294 or 1104293.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert