Director, Maternal Child Services (Labor & Delivery) - Jacksonville, North Carolina
- UNC Health
- Jacksonville, North Carolina
- Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 19, 2023
- Labor and Delivery
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Medical Center
Job ID: 51262
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Facility/Division: Onslow Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under guidance from the CNO, the Director Maternal Child Services organizes and directs the work of Nursing Units and programs; coordinates staff to assure that effective nursing services are provided in a patient and family centered care environment and that quality standards are met. The function of the Director is to create and maintain an environment that supports employee and provider engagement and promotes trust within the identified unit or units.
- Maintains education and credentials.
- Effectively and consistently implements all levels of rounding as appropriate to the department.
- Actively participates in and takes leadership roles in various hospital-wide initiatives.
- Operationally and fiscally manages the department.
- Verifies that personnel provide safe patient care in the area managed.
- Verifies that educational resources are available for staff education and holds personnel accountable for attendance and behavior.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and manages change within the department.
- Demonstrates effective communication, consultation, negotiation, and collaboration skills with all members of staff and other stakeholders.
- Collects and analyzes data related to performance improvement projects that apply to the area managed.
- Uses effective conflict resolution techniques.
- Evaluates personnel performance.
- Interviews for personnel selection.
- Verifies that appropriate personnel, equipment, and supplies are available.
- Verifies staff compliance with organizational policies and procedures and regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides guidance, support, and constructive feedback to all staff members.
- Exhibits professional, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Uses project management principals.
- Assesses and responds appropriately to organizational culture.
- Acts as a patient advocate and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: 5 years clinical experience with past management experience preferred.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations: Current, unencumbered North Carolina or compact state RN license.
Specialized Knowledge/Skills: Excellent leadership, decision-making, and communication skills essential. Strong clinical background in specific area of specialty required.
Other: BLS within 90 days. Other specialty specific certifications such as PALS, ACLS, TNCC, NCI or NRP within 6 months.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Onslow Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Labor & Delivery
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Jacksonville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert