Director, Neonatal Clinical Skills Training
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Itasca, Illinois
- Closing date
- Mar 8, 2023
The nation’s leading advocacy organization for children’s healthcare, The American Academy of Pediatrics, seeks a director to lead change initiatives to improve systems, manage complex partner relationships with diplomacy, collaborate effectively with various internal and external constituents to perform the major tasks such as:
Directing the activities of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) neonatal clinical skills training programs along the pathway of evidence generation/research around neonatal resuscitation, evidence evaluation, guideline writing, and development of educational curricula related to neonatal resuscitation and neonatal clinical skills training.
Directing strategic planning, innovation and business operations related to the Neonatal Resuscitation Program and other neonatal clinical skills training programs.
Identifying and cultivate relationships with external funders to support and advance related program activities.
Overseeing the implementation of studies to validate the scientific effectiveness and educational design of new NRP educational offerings.
Candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in adult education, public health, nursing, allied health, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least six years’ progressive related experience in educational development, program development, implementation, and evaluation; and understanding of physiology and medical/clinical practice.
- Experience identifying funding sources, budget/management development, contract management, and supervising staff required.
- Experience as a clinical nurse specialist or neonatal nurse practitioner and working within a professional association strongly preferred.
- Excellent decision making, critical thinking, problem solving, organizational, written/verbal communication, diplomacy, interpersonal, and project management skills required.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret business/pricing models and manage budgets, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, supervise/lead staff, think creatively, pay close attention to details, and promote and maintain a positive and cooperative team-oriented work environment with a commitment to diversity.
- Strong technical acumen essential with proficiency in MS Office, and the ability to learn and apply new technologies to advance work initiatives; experience with web maintenance/collaboration site software (e.g., SharePoint), virtual meeting platforms (e.g., WebEx), and LMS preferred.
- Fluency in a foreign language is helpful.
- Travel (domestic and international) and evening/some weekend work required, as well as the ability to be flexible with work schedule to accommodate physician’s availability.
Why work for the AAP?
- Flexible hours and a focus on work/life balance.
- State-of-the-art building equipped with standing desks, treadmill desks, cycle desks, on-site fitness center, and on-site exercise classes.
- An on-site cafeteria with food costs that are subsidized by AAP.
- Strong focus on mental health and wellness.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Competitive PTO and sick leave.
- Excellent parental benefits, including adoption assistance.
- A full list of benefits can be found here (https://downloads.aap.org/DOHRAS/BenefitsAtAAP.pdf).
Hybrid work environment of 40% of work time in the office per month.
All AAP employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for a medical or religious accommodation in regard to this vaccination can be submitted for consideration upon an offer of employment.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
345 Park Blvd
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert