- Meritus Health
- Hagerstown, Maryland
- Based on Experience
- Closing date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Neonatal ICU (NICU), Special Care Nursery
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Medical Center
Registered Nurse (RN) - Special Care Nursery
Up to $30,000 Sign On Bonus
About our Unit:
The Special Care Nursery is fully equipped with the latest technology, including cardiac monitors, phototherapy lights for elevated bilirubin levels, warming units, resuscitation care centers, IV infusion pumps, isolettes, CPAP generators, and ventilators.
We care for premature newborns 32 weeks gestation/1500 gram &, term newborns and newborns received as return transfers from higher level centers.
Nursing Skills Used:
- o Respiratory support
- o Ventilator
- o CPAP
- o Oxyhood
- o HFNC
- Umbilical line placement and maintenance
- IV therapy
- o Antibiotics
- Glucose management
- Fluid maintenance
- Feeding management
- o Gut priming
- o Enteral feeding
- Collaboration with speech and physical therapy
- NEC prevention protocol
- o Specimen collection including central line, venous and capillary collection
- Lumbar puncture
- Hyperbilirubinemia management including Phototherapy (single, double and triple)
Why be a Meritus Nurse:
- The only Magnet™ Designated Hospital in our region- Nurse driven Shared Governance, bedside rounding, committee and process improvement teams
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nurse Certification and Continuing Education Funds
- Self-scheduling - Enjoy what matters most to you
- Flexible Shift Options
- Professional Nursing Ladder- Grow your career where you want it go
- Up to $7.00 in shift differentials
Education - BSN preferred.
Experience - Minimum of one year of experience in a hospital setting required.
Licensure/Certification - Specialty certification recognized by the Magnet Recognition Program™ preferred. Current license to practice as Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland, or if resident of a state that participates in Nurse Multi-State Compact agreement, holds Registered Nurse License from that state that is designated as "Compact" or "Multi-State Privilege" using primary source verification and provides additional documentation as required by the Maryland Board of Nursing. RN License from a compact state with a designation of "Single State" does not meet the requirement and nurse must obtain a Maryland license. Specialty certification preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities - Ability to apply the standards of professional nursing practice with compassion and empathy. Basic computer skills required. Must possess high level of organization and communication skills.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert