Registered Nurse (RN) – Obstetrics
Registered Nurse (RN) – Obstetrics
MaineHealth – Stephens Memorial Hospital
Full Time – Evenings/Nights
Relocation reimbursement available for qualified candidates!
Stephens Memorial Hospital is seeking a Registered Nurse for their obstetrics department in Norway. As a professional Obstetrics Registered Nurse, you will provide exceptional, patient-centered nursing care for newborns and mothers, assisting with labor and delivery, participating in patient and family education and providing leadership by working cooperatively with other members of the healthcare team in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice.
At the Family Birthplace, we pride ourselves on having the finest staff and the very latest birthing technologies. Our affiliation with MaineHealth puts us directly in touch with experts at Maine Medical Center and Barbara Bush Children's Hospital, two of Maine's premier healthcare networks. It's part of our guarantee that our patients will receive the very best care in Maine, in a beautiful setting, right here at home.
- Registered nurses who assist laboring women will have an annual requirement to complete EFM training. Registered nurses who care for laboring women will be compliant with use of standard NICHD (2008) terminology.
- Active nursing license. Current BCLS required for all. ACLS required for critical care departments. Other certifications specific to department policies may be required.
- Knowledge of nursing processes; structure and functions.
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation and terminology requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Skill in time management, problem-solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results.
- Ability to respond the changing workload based on patient census and to direct, supervise and evaluate care in order to individualize nursing care provided to patients.
- Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations.
- Proficient computer skills.
For more information and to apply, please click here or visit www.careersatmainehealth.org.
About Stephens Memorial Hospital
Western Maine Health is committed to providing health care services and education to the communities we serve. Stephens Memorial Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital that has been recognized by the Leapfrog Group as one of the Top Rural Hospitals in the nation. We are proud to be a part of MaineHealth, Maine's largest integrated health system of leading high-quality providers and other healthcare organizations, working together to make our communities the healthiest in America.
Located in the beautiful western foothills of Maine, Norway is a scenic affordable community in the heart of a four-season recreational area. Surrounded by more than ten lakes and ponds, Norway is a haven for boating, swimming, fishing and ice skating. The nearby mountains provide hiking with vista views of Mount Washington and the Presidential Range. Family ski resorts, including Sunday River, are less than an hour away. If your preference is for indoor activities, we are just down the road from Oxford Casino, and our Main Street in Norway is teeming with lovely small shops you can spend hours browsing in.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.