Job DescriptionJob Description Title: RN - Labor & Delivery Duration: Temp - Contract Local Pay: $80-85/hour Travel Pay: $3,106-3,359/week Description:
Under the general supervision of the Head Nurse/Nurse Manager, a staff nurse assigned to Labor & Delivery unit provides age-appropriate professional nursing care including, assessment, planning, problem identification, care implementation, patient/family education, and evaluation of care in the perinatal women, as well as for neonates. What You Will Do:
You Will Be Successful If:
- Performs assessment and re-assessment of patients' needs/problems and to determine response to treatment/intervention; completes admission assessment as specified.
- Demonstrates ability to screen and refer for psychosocial problems including elder abuse/neglect, domestic violence, depression, suicide risk, and substance abuse.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in developing plan of care; provides and documents intervention according to established policies.
- Demonstrates ability to perform general procedures, including medication management, venipuncture and peripheral IV insertion.
- Utilizes available technology and equipment in providing patient care.
- Communicates patient's progress/issues using handoff and escalation policies.
- Participates in Unit Performance Improvement activities
- Serves as patient/family advocate; provides age-appropriate education to patients/family
- Conforms to regulatory agency standards that guide care in the assignment specialty
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional development, including Specialty Board Certification.
What You Will Bring:
- Previous experience as a Labor and Delivery or Mother Baby Nurse
- Knowledge of electronic medical documentation - EPIC preferred
- Experience with IV Insertion and Conscious Sedation
- AWOHNN Certification
About Impresiv Health:
- 2+ years of experience as an RN in a LD or Maternal/Baby Unit
- Current and unrestricted New York RN license
- BLS - American Heart Association
- NRP Certification
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Impresiv Health is a healthcare consulting partner specializing in clinical & operations management, enterprise project management, professional services, and software consulting services. We help our clients increase operational efficiency by delivering innovative solutions to solve their most complex business challenges.
Our approach is and has always been simple. First, think and act like the customers who need us, and most importantly, deliver what larger organizations cannot do - provide tangible results that add immediate value, at a rate that cannot be beaten. Your success matters, and we know it.