Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
We are currently seeking a dedicated full time Registered Nurses
to join our OB/GYN Department
at El Nuevo San Juan Community Health Center in the Bronx! This is a great opportunity for nurses who have an interest in women's health.
Compensation is based on level of education and years of experience and includes a great benefits package!Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing strongly preferred
- 0-5 years of nursing experience is required.
- Valid NYS Registered Professional Nurse Licensure required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of EMR, a plus.
About Urban Health Plan:
- Triage patients and assists patients with their needs.
- Preps patients and conducts CLIA Tests
- Provides quality nursing care and medication administration.
- Observes patients conditions and assesses and records symptoms, reactions, and progress related to medications
- Distributes non-prescription medication as indicated by provider.
- Assists with prepping patients and providing patient education.
- Assists providers during examinations and treatments.
- Ensures proper sterilization procedures.
- Administers medications, vaccines, and immunization to age-specific patients.
- Maintains health records by documenting patient contact and updating patient profile.
- Checks medical kits, equipment, supplies, and places orders as needed.
At Urban Health Plan (UHP) our mission is to continuously improve the health of communities and the quality of life of the people we serve by providing affordable, comprehensive, quality, primary and specialty health care and by assuring the performance and advancement of innovative best practices. At UHP, our commitment to provide patient-centered, holistic, quality health care, is part of a tradition started by our founder, Dr. Richard Izquierdo, more than 40 years ago. That tradition continues today by promoting excellence in everything that we do.
Starting Compensation: Minimum $74,000 per year; Maximum $91,000 per year Benefits Include:
- Fully funded Health Insurance for yourself
- 73.5% funded Health Insurance for your family
- Dental Insurance
- $50,000 term life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings (including annual UHP Contribution)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive time off including paid vacation, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays (including your birthday!).
UHP is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.