Memphis, TN, US
The RN/Local Internal Agency is a 26 week temporary full time assignment working on an assigned unit and shift.
Responsible for the nursing care of patients requiring specialized judgment and skill. This judgment and skill is based on knowledge of the natural, behavioral and nursing sciences and humanities as the basis for application of the nursing process in wellness and illness care. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
EDUCATION/FORMAL TRAINING WORK EXPERIENCE CREDENTIAL/LICENSURE REQUIRED: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing Two years of experience in an acute care hospital setting.
Licensed to practice as a professional nurse in the state where work is performed or compact license.
Basic Life Support
PREFERRED: BSN N/A N/A SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED: N/A N/A N/A
- Analytical skills necessary to assess complex patient conditions effectively and to develop comprehensive plans of care.
- Synthesizes multiple sources of information to assist in the resolution of human responses to complex problems.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques, which are central to the nursing profession.
- Other certifications may be required depending on assigned nursing unit.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides Practice Excellence through specialized nursing assessment, care, evaluation and education to patients and families in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Promotes evidence based practice by using research to develop, implement and evaluate process standards, such as plans of care, protocols and guidelines.
- Provides Leadership Excellence in clinical practice area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Learning Excellence through professional development and clinical expertise.
- Demonstrates Role Clarity through professional competence, expertise, and knowledge, and supports the nursing profession through role modeling and fostering an environment of growth and learning.
- Promotes Cultural Excellence with recognition and appreciation for cultural, ethnic, and generational diversity.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work - exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.