SPMF-Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation - South Position Overview:
Directs the staff in their work assignments, troubleshoots equipment problems, and acts as a resource for technical or clinical information. Provides training to other staff on equipment operation, and new procedures/protocols. Works with management team to maintain manuals. May prepare the staffing schedules, including the on-call schedule.Job DescriptionEDUCATION
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
Associate's or equivalent education/experienceCERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- ARDMS-American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Upon Hire
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Upon Hire
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 5 years experience as a Ultrasound Technologist in an acute care hospital in both General and non-invasive vascular Ultrasound.
- 5 years experience both strong clinical background and technical experience.
- 5 years experience in coordinating personnel and operational processes
- 5 years successful experience in supervisory role or demonstrated leadership/coordination skills in a progressive Imaging department
- Knowledge of normal and abnormal anatomy and pathology.
- Complete understanding of Ultrasound methodology, equipment and radiopharmaceuticals is required.
- A comprehensive knowledge of all The Joint Commission (TJC), Title 22, Title 17, State, federal, state licensing and other local regulations as they relate to Diagnostic Imaging Services is preferred.
- Knowledge of technological advancements, equipment, sophisticated diagnostic imaging equipment for all services, and other state-of-the art departmental specific systems is desirable.
- Team leadership and organizational skills are required.
- An ability to prioritize multiple demands is critical.
- Written and oral communication skills
- An ability to build teams as well as consensus is desirable.
- Effective interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Will maintain all technical skills in the area of certification and competent to perform all related duties as an Ultrasound technologist.
Full TimeShift Hours:
8Days of the Week:
Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, WednesdayWeekend Requirements:
RegularNumber of Openings:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: