Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Assists Nurse Manager with ensuring that quality nursing care is delivered to all patients and his/her nursing units in accordance with the philosophy, policies, procedures and program plans of the hospital. Assists with the development of patient care standards, orientation and continuing education. Provides input into evaluation of staff performance in accordance with organization policies. Participates in nursing Quality Improvement. Assists with unit administration, including scheduling, payroll and maintenance of supplies and equipment. Maintains and role models clinical skills necessary to provide care to patients. Uses an understanding of the principles of growth and development to assess each patient s age specific needs and provide age specific treatment and care.
Ensures that [unit/department/division] is in compliance with all applicable policies, laws and regulations.EDUCATION:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Current and Active NJ RN licensure.
- Minimum 3-5 years NICU experience.
- NRP certification required.
- BLS certification required. (American Heart Association)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal and outcome oriented.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or Charge Nurse experience.
- Successful completion of all orientation programs.
: Provide compassionate care, healthcare excellence, and superior service to our patients and their families.Vision
: Nationally recognized at the forefront of improving health and healthcare delivery.Values
: Ensure the safety of our patients, community and each other by consistently demonstrating our values of exceptional communication, outstanding teamwork, professional integrity, accountability, innovation and resilience as we strive towards becoming a high reliability organization.
Since 1865, Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center, formerly known as Saint Barnabas Medical Center, New Jersey s oldest nonsectarian hospital, has worked to exceed our community s highest expectations for compassionate, comprehensive health care. The 597-bed institution is one of the largest health care providers in the state, treating more than 32,000 inpatients and 82,000 Emergency Department patients each year. Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center and the Barnabas Health Ambulatory Care Center provide treatment and services for more than 370,000 outpatient visits annually. Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center has long been recognized as a leader in providing world-class care delivering 6,500 babies annually which is one of the largest programs in the state, leading the nation in Kidney Transplant, and providing more than 100 medical and surgical specialty and subspecialty services. RWJBarnabas Health and Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center in partnership with Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey - the state's only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center - brings a world class team of researchers and specialists to fight alongside you, providing close-to-home access to the latest treatment and clinical trials.
CBMC is an equal opportunity employer.Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off for Work Life Balance
- 401K Contribution & Match
- Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Perks/Discounts: Travel, Electronics, Restaurants, Entertainment, Apparel, Fitness Membership, and more.